No announcement yet.

Save-As converts to black&white!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Save-As converts to black&white!

I've come across the strangest bug.
    I'm not certain it's all irfanview's fault, as I'll explain.
    But after I Save-As, it converts the image to black and white!

I was using the portableapp version 4.51 (32bit, including plugins). On Windows 7 (home premium 64bit). (fresh install - I went back to that version recently)

Irfanview was working fine, until I tried to insert a JPG image into LibreOffice Writer new text document. It gave an error message about the file type being unsupported.
    I rebooted and still same problem.
    So I downloaded OpenOffice, and tried to insert an image into it's word processor. Same problem.
    After restarting my computer, this time, I was able to insert a JPG image into a text document.

Now, irfanview's behavior changed. When I open an image, crop it, and do Ctrl+S, it saves it as black+white!
    I re-downloaded irfanview portableapp (download mirror was from duckduckgo), installed it over the existing irfanview, and it still does the same thing. Save-As converts the saved file to black and white - although, up until the moment that i save it, on screen, it's still in color.
    I have to actually scroll back and forth in the images for it to reload in b+w. If I do save-as and modify the filename, the new file is black and white, while the original stays as-is.

I downloaded the 64bit version (non-portable) and it's working fine (and please don't ask me to uninstall and reinstall Offices to see if my computer gets messed up again). I just wanted to report this to you, as I find it rather strange.
    Last edited by Timmi; 30.07.2018, 07:09 AM.

Check the save as JPG options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Save as grayscale.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	83162
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X