Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insert overlay text on picture in batch mode from file

Hello everyone.

Does anyone knows if it is possible to insert overlay text from file in batch mode??
    For example taking line from text for every new picture, or taking all text in file but from many files. Speaking about txt files.

Just want to find if there are means to put overlay text from outer source. Maybe there are other ways. Will appreciate if you share it with me.

I see program can do really well with file info itself, but what if text comes from outside?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

Add text to picture

Hi,
    since no one else tends to answer your question, I'll do as far as I know.
    IrfanView is not capable of reading text from an external file. The only way to overlay text to a picture is to use the Edit > Insert text command (CTRL + T),
    which is also available in batch mode, or via the Paint plugin.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

There is a section in the IrfanView ini-file named [BatchText]. You could write a script/VB program that reads your text file, then manipulates the IrfanView ini-file and then call IrfanView with the commandline options /advancedbatch

I haven't done anything similar myself, but there are examples in the sub-forum 'Command line and scripts' further down.

Code:
      [BatchText]
      AddText=this is a test
      Orientation=0
      TranspText=1
      SemiTranspText=0
      FontColor=65280
      TxtBgkr=16777215
      FitColorW=1
      OutlineFill=0
      Outline=0
      Emboss=0
      Shadow=0
      FontParam=-13|0|0|0|400|0|0|0|0|1|2|4|49|
      Font=Courier New
      TextCoord=0;0;100;100;
      Corner=0
      Last edited by jazzman; 26.08.2018, 02:17 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
      X