No announcement yet.

Image shown at 100% zoom does not show at 100% based on screen resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Image shown at 100% zoom does not show at 100% based on screen resolution

I'm running a multi-display setup, where I believe that Irfanview 4.51 (although this also happens on earlier versions) does not show images at actual orginal size. To show this issue, I have attached the screenshot below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	irfanview100zoomnot100.png
Views:	1
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	85135

This might be a confusing screenshot, so here's the explanation:
    On my computer (second display) I first made a screenshot of Irfanview, which I then saved. I opened this file on the same (second) display in Irfanview, which I then said to display it at original size (Ctrl-H, zoom 100%). Somehow this does fit within the Irfanview window! To show that I believe it should be an issue of Irfanview, I made a screenshot of Irfanview with on top the information about the file (1920x1200 pixels in size) and the display resolution (1920x1200 pixels). From this combination, I can conclude that Irfanview uses "another" resolution, and not the display resolution.

I would expect Irfanview to display the file, in original resolution, based on the pixel size of the display. I expected therefore Irfanview to display scrolling bars on either side, because a 1920x1200 image would not fit completely within the window of Irfanview running on a 1920x1200 display.
Working...
X