View thumbnails of image shortcuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View thumbnails of image shortcuts?

In the thumbnail viewer, is it possible to view thumbnails of image shortcuts? My images are typically stored by creation date, but I sort shortcuts to them into folders by topic/location.

I'm using v 4.51, 64-bit in Windows 7 Professional.

I am not sure what it is that you want. If you open a folder of images in the thumbnail viewer then you do not see any shortcuts that are also in the folder. Is that what you want to see?
    If so then I think your best course is to set a file manager such as Windows File Explorer as one of your External editors. You can then use that as a thumbnail viewer where you can see the shortcuts and which has many more ways of sorting files and folders than Irfanview does.
    I have set File explorer as External editor 3 in the image below. Do not try to Browse to it.
    Just type in what is shown there which is Explorer "/n,/select,"%1 and you will then be able to open Explorer at the current file by selecting it in the main viewer window or the Thumbnail viewer and pressing Shift+3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Options.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	83191
    Last edited by Mij; 07.09.2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

You understood what I was going for. I had previously been using Explorer for viewing shortcut thumbnails, but I like that the Irfanview thumbnail viewer preserves the exif orientation. I'll just have to change the way I sort photos if I want to use the Irfanview thumbnail viewer. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X