Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Slideshow dialog issue in Windows 10 with DPI scaling on dual 4k/1080p monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Small Slideshow dialog issue in Windows 10 with DPI scaling on dual 4k/1080p monitors

I am not a very technical person and English is not my first language so please forgive me for any mistakes or missing information below. This may be an issue with Windows instead of Irfanview. I don't know enough to know who to report it to but I figure the developers here will be more receptive to small bugs than the Windows developers

Issue
    The dialog windows Irfanview 32-bit (and maybe 64-bit) do not properly scale on the 1080p display of a 4k main, 1080p secondary dual monitor setup in Windows 10. The only settings window that I know this negatively affects is the slideshow window, where the checkbox to include subfolders on the bottom left is forced outside the window's view.
    The Windows 10 DPI scaling is disabled on the Irfanview application to resolve a separate issue with the fit-to-screen slideshow options on secondary monitors in Windows 10. This is a fix detailed in this post by Bhikkhu Pesala.

Operating System
    Windows 10, 64-bit

Relevant Hardware
    A dual monitor setup, with a 4k monitor as the main display and a 1080p monitor as the second display.

Details
    To reproduce, follow the steps below:
    1. On a 4k/1080p monitor setup, right click the desktop and press Personalize
    2. Under Scale and layout, change the size of text, apps, and other items to 150% (recommended by Windows for 4k displays).

Click image for larger version

Name:	scale_layout.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	503.9 KB
ID:	85136
    3. Open the properties for i_view32.exe, navigate to Compatibility, and click Change high DPI settings. Check the box that says "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and choose Application in the dropdown menu.
      This is needed to resolve the issue I linked above.

Name:	properties.PNG
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	85137
    4. Open Irfanview and press W to open the slideshow settings. View it on the 4k display. Note the the checkbox on the bottom left is barely visible, and the text description for it is not displayed.

Name:	1.PNG
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	85138
    5. Click on one of the corners and drag to enlarge the slideshow settings. Note that the bottom settings stretch with the window and the checkbox on the bottom left is still not visible.

Name:	2.PNG
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	85139

Please send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Please send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan.
      Sorry, I thought that was what I was doing by posting here. Is this forum not the appropriate place to report a problem like this? I'm not sure how/where I should contact him. Can you please PM me or post where I need to go to report this bug?

Comment

Please read the sticky thread on Reporting Bugs
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X