• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Updating Irfanview

I just realized I am out of date

Current IrfanView version is: 4.51

Your IrfanView version is: 4.36

How do I update? Must I uninstall existing IrfanView before I install the latest version or is the old version automatically uninstalled?

I think your OS only supports 32-bit version. You don't have to uninstall the old one, but you may as well.

Install the plugins for the new version too.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for the reply. My 64 bit OS (Win 10) does support 64bit applications and I was able to successfully install 4.51 and the plugins.

Once installed, though, I could not get the Paint dialog to display. Since the website seems to recommend the 32 bit version of Irfanview due to having more extensions, I thought this was why the Paint dialog did not appear.

So... I uninstalled the 64 bit version and installed the 32 bit version. Unfortunately I am still unable to get the Paint dialog.

Will make a separate post seeking help for this.
      Last edited by dasadler; 16.09.2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Your profile says that you're using Vista Ultimate and IrfanView 4.10. Please update it.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Profile updated. Thanks for the tip. Did not realize my profile had all that information - must have created it many years ago.

Comment

Working...
          X