Question about browsing order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Question about browsing order

1 - If I use "Sort by...." Size, Dimensions, Date Created,.....in Windows Explorer - Image folder, when I press >, it can't open next sorted images. Only open next Images (Sort by Name), how i can change it to open next images from the image i opened.
    when i press "> arrow"
    it should open like this when i using Sort by Size

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mz4eBQj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	85144

not

Name:	iwp5QxX.jpg
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	85145

2 - Can I save config file and use it later on another PC?
    3 - How can I fix this?

Name:	QvvsowB.png
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	85146

TY!
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.09.2018, 10:05 AM.

From the Options menu, select the directory sort order.

To fix the zoom field bug upgrade your copy of IrfanView.

Please update your Forum profile.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

How i can enable Descending when i set "NO SORT" ? Everytime when i'm tried to enable Descending, it always disable

Comment

When i'm set No Sort and open Rice Paddy, press > arrow, it just open Rolling Waves, why not High Sierra ?
        Last edited by wakio; 17.09.2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Why you cannot do it is because Explorer does not sort the files that are stored in the folder you opened, it opens thumbnail images of them and then sorts them (as does Irfanview).

The solution is to use drag and drop as in the instructions below.
          1. Ensure you have an Irfanview shortcut on your desktop
          2. Double click it so that it opens the browser window.
          3. From the Options menu choose Sort Directory files > No Sort. Close Irfanview
          4. In Explorer sort the thumbnails into the order you want to show them. Then press Ctrl+A to select all of them.
          5. Left click and hold down on the first of the selected images, drag them to the Irfanview shortcut and drop them onto it. What you are actually doing is dragging a list of file names and paths. You are not moving the files themselves. They remain in the original order, in the original folder.
          6. Irfanview will then open the files that were in the list and display them in the browser window in the same order as the thumbnails were displayed in Explorer.

7. If you want to save them in that order so that you can view them again in the future, you need to use Irfanview's Thumbnail viewer (from the browser window just press T on the keyboard).
          8. In thumbnails press Ctrl+A to select them all. From the File menu choose Save selected files as Current Slideshow.
          9. Press W to open the Slideshow dialog and you will see that there is now a list of all the image files shown in the order you wanted them.
          10. Press the Save filenames as TXT file button and save the list. You do not need to run the slideshow.
          11. The next time you want to show those pictures open Irfanview Thumbnails and from the Options menu choose Load file list from Text File. Select the list that you saved in 10.
          12. You should now see the thumbnails in the order that you saved them in.
          13. Should you want to display them as images in the main browser window, just double click on the thumbnail you want to start browsing from.
          Last edited by Mij; 18.09.2018, 08:39 PM. Reason: A little more explanation added.

Comment

Working...
          X