IrfanPaint dialog does not display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved IrfanPaint dialog does not display

I was able to successfully install 4.51 and the plugins. Once installed, though, I could not get the Paint dialog to display. Thinking this was due to the paint extension not having been ported to 64 bit, I uninstalled the 64 bit version and installed the 32 bit version. Unfortunately I am still unable to get the Paint dialog.

F12 does not do anything and the menu item 'Edit|Show Paint dialog' is grayed out.

Any ideas?

Check on the help menu and look to make sure that you installed the plugins in the right place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Help Menu Installed Plugins.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	83197

Click image for larger version

Name:	Installed Plugins.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	83196
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It looks okay from what I can tell (see screenshot). Honestly I am a little confused by all the add-ins and extensions. I D/L all the 32 bit extensions and now I have a lot of dll files but do not know how to get them into Irfanview.
      Attached Files

Comment

Install 32-bit plugins in the (x86) folder for 32-bit IrfanView.
        Install 64-bit plugins in the program folder for 64-bit IrfanView.

It is recommended to use 32-bit IrfanView unless you're working on large images.

From the IrfanView Site:
        • Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:
        • Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
        • Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
        • Needs less disc space
        • All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
        • Some old 32-bit PlugIns (like RIOT and Adobe 8BF PlugIn) work only in compatibilty mode in IrfanView-64
        • Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I do not understand what your reply means with regard to the Paint dialog not displaying. What am I missing?

Comment

Have you opened a picture in IrfanView?

Comment

No, I had not opened a picture. I just did, however, and the paint dialog does display. Sorry for wasting your time. I should have realized that the paint would not display until there was something (an image) to paint.

That said, I did move some dlls to the plugin folder but there are so many of them. Is there any place I can look to see what the different plugins actually do?

Thank you for your patience

Comment

Take a look at the txt files in C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\ e.g. i_plugins.txt and i_options.txt

Comment

Working...
                X