Scan and rotate in one step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Scan and rotate in one step

I sometimes scan cash register receipts (skinny paper on a roll) and it is quicker for the scanning to put the receipt on the scanner plate at 90 degrees, but then have to rotate it and save it after scanning to make it easy to read.

It would be great to be able to request rotation to happen as part of the scan, ideally after seeing the scan preview (I suspect scan preview may be in the OS/Scanner TWAIN driver dialogue). But requesting the rotation before going into the TWAIN scan dialogue would be better than nothing. (Ideally would be able to set up more about the requested scan before going into the TWAIN scan dialogue).

Also, related to this, annoyingly some versions of the TWAIN scan dialogue default the page length to US size paper for document feeder, even when installed in a European country (I have seen some people change the TWAIN dlls at byte level to work around this, but I am not comfortable doing that)

Current scanner: Canon Pixma printer (recently replaced HP Officejet 5550 which work out after many years loyal service of printing, and I suspect some of the TWAIN software may be still the HP Officejet software)
Working...
X