No announcement yet.

Use fast resample filter for image shrinking always applied in batch resample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use fast resample filter for image shrinking always applied in batch resample

I noticed that when I use batch resample for shrinking an image, the "Use fast resample filter for image shrinking" is always applied, and I am looking for a way to control this option in batch mode. Trying to get the best results, processing time is not an issue.
    I came to this conclusion by comparing the resampled file size(content) when resampling a single file vs the resampled file size when using batch mode. They are equal only if the "Use fast resample filter for image shrinking" is checked in single file dialog. No option for this in batch mode, I assume it's always "ON".
    Since I am not an experienced user, how much is the quality affected when this option is checked, since I found no way to control it in batch mode?

May be mistaken... the options from single file resize are also applied at batch by default?

Comment

Originally posted by FeriM View Post
      how much is the quality affected when this option is checked, since I found no way to control it in batch mode?
      Both filters have their uses for different types of image. "Fast" is weighted average and the other is usually Lanczos.

Lanczos is preferable for most photographs with texture and small details: it will make them look crisp. It will also reject periodic patterns that occur on scanned color prints or on a photograph of a brick wall. Weighted average is good for artificial images with shapes of solid color (text or drawings); it will not add a bright outline or halo around the edges, which may also be unwanted on photographs of buildings or trees against a blue sky.

Comment

Working...
      X