Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Certificate missing

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win Server 2003 SP1
    CPU Cores

I have been able to read this site with Firefox, probably because of some change I made to it when the certificate expired last time months ago (when it didn't immediately help). It reported a capella.uberspace.de certificate. Opera showed a fatal error, and I thought that it was planned obsoleted by some new methods. But it works again.

This forum keeps experiencing significant downtime for no valid technical reason, as the server stays operational. How much "strictly strict" security does a public discussion forum really need!?

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

The problem IMHO is, that each role (Admin, Moderator, software developer) has no backup. If one of them develops a serious problem (health, family, job, ...) then the forum or the entire application is in trouble, to say the least.

This has happened to the Filtermeister software. At least Alex, its developer, was able to give warning and leave the source code to people with some knowlege in the field. Nevertheless the future of Filtermeister is in doubt.

It can happen here.

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

There are some other moderators, but I seem to be the only one who is still active. One has passed away, and the most recent posts I could find by any of the other moderators were made in 2018 (by derwini and Sjef), 2014 (by Frank), or 2011 (by Laurent).
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 26.04.2019 at 06:19 PM.

Thread Information