Displaying custom RAW image sometimes slow in Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying custom RAW image sometimes slow in Windows 10

I used to display RAW images (from Basler cameras) in Windows 7 64 bit using a Irfanview plugin. The format is quite simple and correctly displayed, size is 5 Mpix. The setting is attached. Displaying took a fraction of a second. An image example is at
    Convenient file sharing. Think of it as Pastebin for files. Registration is not required. Large files are supported.

I migrated to new computer running Windows 7, Irfan 4.51, 64 bit. Displaying behaves strangely: Sometimes the displaying the image is immediate (fraction of a second), sometimes cursor changes to waiting and waiting,... Pressing almost any key or moving the cursor by mouse immediately displays the required image. When browsing through a list of images the "waiting" appears randomly.

Displaying standard formats (JPG, PNG) works correctly.

Thank you for help, Vladimir
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smutny; 29.10.2018, 03:05 PM. Reason: Adding link to example raw image.

Archive the RAW file and upload it to Filebin.net to share it.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No such problems here, works fine on two Windows 10 computers and on a Windows 7 virtual machine, with a dozen copies of the file.
      IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

No problems here either provided I enter the same parameters in the dialogue when it opens.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have investigated the problem further:
          - When Irfanview 32 with plugins is installed, it works as expected. The problem is with Irfanview64 4.51 exclusively.
          - Displaying PNG files of the same size (no plugin needed) works smoothly.
          - The problem is not with the processor load. Task manager shows no load at all and actually after moving the mouse or hitting some key, it immediately displays the next image as required. So maybe this has to be describes not as slow but as hanging on.
          - The problem has nothing to do with the network (images are mostly on the network drive) nor with the number of images in the folder. It behaves similarly in the local folder containing just two images.
          - The problem is experienced with the browsing through images, that is displaying the sequence of images in one folder pressing e.g. PageDown or scrolling through images using mouse.

Regards, Vladimir

Comment

Working...
          X