Blurb outside area when you "create a custom crop selection"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Blurb outside area when you "create a custom crop selection"

The custom crop selection option is one of my most used irfanview features. The problem is that the created custom crop selection is only marked with a very thin border. That makes it very difficult to see what the end result will be when you crop the selection. I often have to try it several times before I get the optimal part of the image.

My request is to not only draw a small border to indicated the selected area, but overlay or blur everything outside the selection. Here are a few examples with how it works now and how it could be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 original.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	382.7 KB
ID:	85158

Name:	2 overlay.jpg
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	85159

Name:	3 blur.jpg
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	85160

Thank you for this awesome image tool!

JP

Your idea is very apppealing. I know this feature from some other image editing programs and I think it is worth to be suggested to Irfan.
    If you want to write him, you can find his address in the "About IrfanView" window.
    Besides that you can set the color of the selection borders in the settings dialogue.
    Go to "Options > Properties/Settings > Browsing/Editing > Set selection/grid color". The color will be shown inverted.
    At "Edit > Show selection grid" you can select a special grid for the selection to help you with the selection.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
    X