Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Windows alias does not work in postscript options

I hope I'm in the right place.

I tried to use %USERPROFILE% in the filename for the ghostscript dll path and it didn't work. I need this to make IrfanView function consistently on a cloud server.
    Is this a bug?

Windows 7

Thanks
    Matt

Well, I'm not sure if I can help.
    On my installation, everything Ghostscript (GS) needs, is located in the programs folder and subfolders, i.e "C:\Program Files (x86)" or
    "C:\Program Files" for the 64-bit version.
    If you want to set a Custom Path at 'Options > Settings > Plugins > Ghostscript Plugin Options', a system variable like %APPDATA% or
    %USERPROFILE% might not work, because these settings are older than Windows 7 and the developer of IrfanView might not yet have
    implemented the variables.
    If you think it's worth an E-Mail to the developer, you'll find his address in the 'About'-window.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Is there a way to place the dll in the Irfanview directory and have Irfanview find it?

Comment

Originally posted by IrfanUserGuyxyx View Post
        Is there a way to place the dll in the Irfanview directory and have Irfanview find it?
        That sounds like a smart idea. Just try it out: Copy the gsdll32.dll (or gsdll64.dll accordingly) into the Plugins subfolder of IrfanView and set this path
        in the Custom path field. Don't forget to check the radio button. The worst thing that can happen is that it does'nt work.
        Please report if it works.
        Last edited by Kuki Dent; 14.11.2018, 10:43 PM. Reason: Typo and expression
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Unfortunately, the reason I have a problem is that the "home" directory in the cloud, that I have access rights to, changes from login to login. The current directory name is correctly specified in %USERPROFILE% but I can't use that in the custom path. Even if I place the dll in the plugins directory, that directory is in my "home" directory and I have the same problem. I was hoping there was somewhere that Irfanview could find it without manually specifying the directory name.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X