Thread: Batch EXIF Date Created Possible?

Default Batch EXIF Date Created Possible?

Hi, I forgot to change the date and time in my camera before an extensive overseas trip. I have thousands of jpg EXIF files that I need to add a certain number of hours to in "date taken" in the batch mode. Is this possible? I see I can do a few at a time by opening several photos at once, but this will take forever! Is there a way either inside Irfanview or outside to do this? Thanks! (Irfanview 4.5.1 - 32 Bit)
    johnjs

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

AFAIK this can't be done with IrfanView in window mode, but may be from the commandline. Please have a look at C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_options.txt
    or C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_options.txt for the 64-bit version. There are also many programs that specifically deal with EXIF data, eg. Exifer. Since I don't use
    any of them, I can't tell if one has a batch mode.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

Thumbs up Thanks Kuki!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuki Dent View Post
    AFAIK this can't be done with IrfanView in window mode, but may be from the commandline. Please have a look at C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_options.txt
    or C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_options.txt for the 64-bit version. There are also many programs that specifically deal with EXIF data, eg. Exifer. Since I don't use
    any of them, I can't tell if one has a batch mode.
    Thanks Kuki! I should have thought of looking for an app that edits EXIF data. Duh... Found one that should work. You saved me hours!

Thread Information