View at 100% and not larger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View at 100% and not larger?

When browsing images smaller than my IrfanView window, I would like to view the images at 100% and not larger.

As it is now, I have (for example) a 500x500px image and it displays in the IrfanView window at 156%.

How can I make it display at 100% (without manually setting it to 100%)?

I went to Options > Properties > Browsing/Editing and Options > Properties > Full screen/slide show but could not find how to do what I want.

I have IrfanView 4.51, Windows 10 x64

Thank you!

Shift+O is the shortcut for zoom to 100%
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Shift+O is the shortcut for zoom to 100%
      Thank you, Bhikkhu, that's useful to know.

Is there a way to make the main window remain at a constant size and have all images I'm browsing be at 100% (providing they are smaller than the window)? For example, if I have my window at 800x800px and open an image that's 500x500px (I know in that case there will be black all around the image).

I appreciate your help!

Comment

Try Lock Zoom (Shift+L)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Try Lock Zoom (Shift+L)
          I tried Shift+L and it had no effect.

Is there something that needs to be set in Properties/Settings for it to work?

Comment

There is nothing to be set in properties for lock zoom to work. It retains the current zoom when browsing between images.

Comment

If you are in window mode (not full screen mode), then go to View --> Display options (window mode) and see what your settings are and if another setting will match your wishes.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Thank you, Bhikkhu and jazzman -

I got it to do what I want by going to View > Display options (windows mode) and choosing "Fit only big images to window."

For clarification, is "Full screen" when the window is maximized and "Window mode" when the window is restored down?

Comment

No. Fullscreen mode has no window furniture. Double-click an image to enter fullscreen mode. Escape, Enter, or middle-click to exit fullscreen mode. See help for zoom shortcuts in fullscreen mode.

Comment

Working...
                  X