Can't load Plugin: "Stub_Plugin.exe"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't load Plugin: "Stub_Plugin.exe"

Just upgraded from 4.38 to Irfanview 4.51 64-bit running on 64-bit Intel Core i7machine, Win 7 Pro.

Trying to open Canon CR2 raw files. Have installed Irfanview 4.51 plugins, as well as unzipped canon_crw.zip into Program Files/Irfanview folder, and enabled Canon DLLs in Properties - Plugins.

When I try to open a CR2, get error as shown in attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	85177

There was no problem opening CR2 in v4.38.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.12.2018, 10:19 AM.

Please update your forum profile. Plugins should be in the plugin folder, not the IrfanView folder.

C:\Program Files\IrfanView\Plugins\
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Updated profile as suggested.

Plugins are verified in files as directed by the "readme" in the IV canon DLL package, copied below:

File : 'readme.txt' - Info about Canon CRW/CR2 DLLs
      Author: Irfan Skiljan
      E-Mail: irfanview@gmx.net
      WWW : http://www.irfanview.com
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- How to install CRW/CR2 DLLs?

- Unzip all files from the ZIP (including subfolders) into your "IrfanView" folder.
      - Enable Canon CRW/CR2 DLLs in IrfanView: Properties->PlugIns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list of Canon CRW/CR2 DLLs required by IrfanView CRW.DLL (3.99 and later) plugin:

1) Located in "IrfanView\Plugins" subfolder:
      Crw.dll

2) Located in "IrfanView" folder (CR2 support):
      deImgJ10.dll
      deImgJ11.dll
      deImgJ12.dll
      deImgJ13.dll
      deImgJ14.dll
      deImgT10.dll
      deImgT2X.dll
      DeImgT31.dll
      deImgT32.dll
      deImgT40.dll
      deImgT41.dll
      deImgT50.dll
      deImgT60.dll
      deImgT70.dll
      deImgT71.dll
      deImgT72.dll
      EDSDK.dll
      EdsImage.dll

3) Located in "IrfanView\Plugins\CRW" subfolder (CRW support):
      deImg110.dll
      deImg121.dll
      deImg129.dll
      deImg131.dll
      deImg137.dll
      deImg139.dll
      deImg140.dll
      deImg404.dll
      pscDevUI.dll
      pscParse.dll
      RdCamDat.dll
      rdDcd.dll
      rdDvlp.dll
      rdParse.dll
      RDSDK.dll
      ------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I just installed the Canon plugins and enabled the Use Canon CRW/CR2 dll options and opened all CR2 files that I have without any stub.exe errors.

Perhaps you can share a troublesome CR2 file via dropbox or filebin.net to see if it is happening only with some newer CR2 files?
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.12.2018, 12:13 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          I just installed the Canon plugins and enabled the Use Canon CRW/CR2 dll options and opened all CR2 files that I have without any stub.exe errors.

Perhaps you can share a troublesome CR2 file via dropbox or filebin.net to see if it is happening only with some newer CR2 files?
          Thank you for taking the time to try it on your machine. The CR2 files that Irfanview 4.51 will not open are the same ones that 4.38 opened just fine, so the problem does not seem to be with the Canon raw files. I rebooted the computer and the problem persists.

Doesn't the error message that I screen shot and attached tell what the problem is? It seems like there is a missing DLL, however, Stub_plugin.exe is not one of the DLLs that comes in the iView Canon raw plugin / DLL folder that I downloaded (v 4.50 is the most current Canon DLL pack, according to the website). which I downloaded at the same time I downloaded iview 4.51 installer and the main plugin installer v 4.51.

Comment

The error message only tells me what you said in your post. Since I cannot reproduce it here, only testing with the same files that give you an error can confirm that there is a bug. Does Stub_Plugin.exe exist in your IrfanView plugins folder? ?

Comment

Working...
            X