Cut - area outside of selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Cut - area outside of selection

The "Cut - area outside of selection" removes the area outside the selection but does not put it in the clipboard to be pasted somewhere else. Is this the intended behavior?

Matt

I am sure that is the intended behaviour.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

What is the intended purpose for this command? It only paints the area black and doesn't remove it.

Matt

Comment

It paints the background any colour you select in Settings, Viewing/Editing, Background colour for cut.

Its purpose is whatever you want to use it for: adding an image title perhaps?

What would be the purpose of the cut border of an image that could be pasted elsewhere? An image with a hole in it does not seem to be so useful, but if you wanted that just cut the middle out with Ctrl+X and do what you want in the hole left.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry, I understand now. Of course a graphic with a hole in it is not useful.

I just created a Matlab script to merge all the available figures into a single vertical graphic with high resolution utilizing IV "Panorama". When the script finishes I have an open instance of IV with the graphic displayed. If it's too tall I want to cut off the bottom "half" and paste special it to the right. My best guess was to highlight, cut, remove strip, paste special right. I noticed remove strip does not save the strip in the clipboard. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for your patience,
          Matt

Comment

Working...
          X