How to remove unwanted area within an image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved How to remove unwanted area within an image

I have taken screenshot of a web page and had removed all unwanted things in iv itself.

All sides-top-bottom things are gone for good, but that leaves an area embedded within the image that I don't want.

see here

How to I remove this horizonal strip of black area in irfanview so that top bottom areas are together as a single image.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cropped Image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	83229

1. Select the Newspaper Heading at the top
    2. Copy it to the clipboard with Ctrl+C
    3. While it is still selected, Shift+Down cursor to move the selection area down
    4. Paste Ctrl+V
    5. With the heading still selected, grab the bottom of the selection with the two-way arrow cursor and drag it down to the bottom of the image
    6. Crop to the selection (Ctrl+Y)

BTW: To save screenshots that are mostly text, use the PNG format. They will be sharper and usually smaller than JPG images. JPG format is ideal for photographs, where there are many colours, but whenever there are only a few colours, PNG compression is much better.

To upload images to the forum use the insert Picture icon. Note that I have used PNG format and my image is less than half the size on disk, compared to yours, although the dimensions are similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Insert Picture.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	83230
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.12.2018, 01:26 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

small correction -"Copy it to the clipboard with Ctrl+V"
      should be - Copy it to the clipboard with Ctrl+"C"
      :-)
      I could make it out easily.

Comment

Solved.

Thanks Bhikkhu ji,

that was so easy, knowing that this is the way of doing it.

Thanks a gig.

about PNG, yeah, those images are clearer, but file size is huge so I am used to use small size jpg. But you are right, now that net is far less costlier, I should change my old habit.

about pic icon, no icon appears in my compose window, may be I had selected text only composing at some time. Shall figure out where that option is and shall change.

Thanks.

Comment

How to mark the original post title as "Solved"?
          the prefix "Solved" that was coming at first post is not coming in edit.

Comment

Only moderators can change the status of a thread AFAIK.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

ok. Please set it Solved.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X