Panorama option is a gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Panorama option is a gem

This is not a question, this is an appreciation of the easy feature already provided in iv. maybe new users not knowing that could use it new.

Today I needed to merge two pics vertically, no editing, no cropping, just placing them one above the other vertically to get a single picture,

And I could do that in IrfanView by:

1. Menu - Image - Create panorama image:
      A window will open.
    2. Select all the images from your disk or you can drag drop.
    3. Move images up down to suit your order.
    4. Select Side by side (horizontal) or top to bottom (vertical)
    5. Click to create image.
      And you get a single image combining all your images.

It was so easy and I often required this thing. My life is easier with iv.

Thanks admins and developers.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.12.2018, 01:39 PM. Reason: Fixed typos and improved formatting

Be aware, when creating Panoramas, that if the images are of different dimensions, smaller images will be enlarged to the dimensions of larger images that appear at the top of the list, and larger images will be reduced to the dimensions of smaller images that appear at the top of the list.

If the images are of widely different dimensions, the quality of enlarged small images will be poor.

So select images of approximately the same width for a vertical panorama or approximately the same height for a horizontal panorama.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tissot Enlarged.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	449.9 KB
ID:	83231
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tissot Reduced.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	83232
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.12.2018, 05:26 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

iv should provide some bypass of this auto-sizing, say, they should give users option to select whether we want any resizing or not.

Comment

I would also like an option. For me, an option to always upsize would be great. Thus keeping resolution of the big images. Or, always upsize and let user resize if result is too big. By the way, I am using the commandline to access this function.

Comment

Working...
        X