Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded *.CR3 (the new Canon RAW) view support

Hello Irfan!
    Currently, IrfanView 4.52 with the newest plugins don't seem to recognize Canon CR3 picture files.
    I just got a new camera, did some shots but cannot view them
    Irfan, could you possibly add support for CR3, please?

Regards,
    Sergei

This is a user-to-user forum. Irfan Skiljan does not visit here AFAIK.

The latest version of the CRW.DLL plugin is for IrfanView 4.50 dated 10/10/2017.

I suggest sending him an email (Help, About IrfanView), and ask him if he has any plans to update it.

If you let us know his response, I will updated this thread’s status.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I asked Irfan: Do you plan adding support for CR3 ?
      Irfan's reply: I am using a third party plugin for RAW files => yes, when the plugin adds CR3 support ;-)

I guess, Irfan means the universal Formats plugin, which is used for viewing the preview images embedded in RAW files, CRW/CR2 too. The Canon CRW.DLL used for high-res is too slow, I never used it.

OK, we have nothing to do but wait.
      Last edited by serg; 05.03.2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

support for Canon cr3 files

I would like to be able to view cr3 files with Irfanview.

Comment

Originally posted by wky View Post
          I would like to be able to view cr3 files with Irfanview.
          Mee Too!
          CR3 is the new standard at Canon's but even other viewers do not handle the new format.
          Will we have wait any longer? I Have been using Irfanview for more than 10 years now. I installed the plugins but they seem to be outdated as the actual program file.
          Wait for how long?

Comment

Camera manufacturers constantly bring out new formats. Only big companies like Adobe can afford the resources to keep their software up to date. There may be other free tools but IrfanView only has one developer who depends on plugins being updated by others.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Some free viewers can display the embedded jpeg preview. No free/open source editor can open the raw photo.
              Canon CR3 raw support - your move
              IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
              X