crash after delete image 64 bit V4.52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported crash after delete image 64 bit V4.52

the software just freeze after delete image, and when you click anything, not responding.
    win10 1809 64 bit, Irfanview 64 bit V4.52, reinstalled and the problem remains.
    Anyone knows why?
    Thanks in advance.

Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
    • Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
    • Needs less disc space
    • All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
    • Some old 32-bit PlugIns (like RIOT and Adobe 8BF PlugIn) work only in compatibilty mode in IrfanView-64
    • Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)

Can you load the (next) file (after deleting the file) in 64-bit IrfanView? What file type is it?

Please provide a test file when reporting crashes otherwise we're just guessing.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
      • Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
      • Needs less disc space
      • All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
      • Some old 32-bit PlugIns (like RIOT and Adobe 8BF PlugIn) work only in compatibilty mode in IrfanView-64
      • Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)

Can you load the (next) file (after deleting the file) in 64-bit IrfanView? What file type is it?

Please provide a test file when reporting crashes otherwise we're just guessing.
      The file types I have tried are png and jpg.
      after press delete, the Irfanview freezes (the file is deleted though) several seconds and close itself.
      i can still open another file then.
      I am sure it is not related to certain file, cause I have tried a lot different files on my computer. But you can try one of them.
      Is there a crash report?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	83254

Comment

Unable to reproduce any crash here.

Look in: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Just to eliminate the obvious ... did you check the program settings? There is an option under File Handling to "Close IrfanView after file delete".

This doesn't explain the freezing but that could be due to file size. It can take several seconds to delete a very large file and IrfanView might be unresponsive while that happens.

Comment

There have been some problems with the version of IrfanView from the MS-App-Store, just in case you have this version installed.
            Don't know if these have been solved.
            I always prefer the ZIP or EXE from a source that is recommended at https:\\www.irfanview.com .
            Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
            Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
            X