Tint a whole image, almost sepia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tint a whole image, almost sepia

I have used a few options to change colors (Replace Color, Convert to Grayscale, Effects>Sepia), but is there an option to tint a whole page or part of a page? I've tried a few of the other image options, but I can't quite figure out exactly which option or settings to use. One pixel of the solid background color is 242 (red), 238 (green), and 226 (blue). The photo in the image should have this tint (not solid though - otherwise the whole page would be a solid color ).

I have several photos in B&W but I'd like to change them to a beige tint. Attached is a B&W image and one with a beige tint. The beige image was probably printed on beige paper. Changing to Sepia is close, but the overall look is "too Sepia".

Thanks

David
    Attached Files

How about this: press SHIFT+G and fiddle around with the colour sliders
    Attached Files

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I would correct color cast with the versatile Curves tool (plugin), and it might be possible to induce a tint using it as well. It gives the option to add more tint to the white point if it is supposed to be the paper contributing the color. Only problem with this plugin is that dragging points out of the window makes the curve jump to a wild adjustment (instead of deleting a point), so you have to drag very carefully at the edges.
      Attached Files

Comment

You are right, j7n, the curves plugin is the better solution.

BTW: right-click a control point in order to delete it.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Just to clarify something...

The "Beige Tint.jpg" attachment has the correct tint I am looking for. The problem with that image is the text is blurry.

The "Black White.jpg" attachment is an older scanned image but my scanner fails to pick up the beige color. THIS image is the one I want to adjust by giving it a beige tone.

Comment

Experiment with curves. But maybe you can scan a more accurate image in the first place, and proceed from there. In the scanning software you want to defeat automatic color/histogram adjustments. It may be called "auto tone" and show a histogram similar to the plugin. This is almost never a useful function, as the scanner doesn't know if the item is tinted in one color, and would calculate a correction that is different from one image to another. If the software doesn't allow to control this, you could place a full color fidelity item next to the item, and let the scanner calibrate to that. Almost all tweaks, including 'sharpness', should be turned off because you can't preview the result in the compact interface.

Comment

Working...
            X