360 degree view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected 360 degree view

Irfanview was the first program to include multiple gif-images, it could be the first (user friendly!) program to include an option to view 360 degree pictures. Like where I can drag a photo to look around me -> Facebook does it, but requires an internet connection. I found multiple (sometimes very expensive) software that does it, but it is a hassle

-> https://www.facebook.com/novwnl/posts/10217411678296462 (facebook 360 picture)

so, nobody is interested? For those who want to, maybe you do not know but gopro (of all companies) has a free 360 degree viewer. FAQ is here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/bloc...or-desktop-faq . Download from: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Ques...pherical-video

My (temporary??) solution is to rename 360 degree photos to .jpeg, instead of .jpg. I told windows to open .jpeg files with gopro player et voila.
    Last edited by novw; 12.07.2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

The thing is a 360° panorama is not a simple image format. I don't know the details, but I suspect that it uses Javascript and HTML to manipulate the views. In my opinion, it is a non-starter for an image viewer that only shows raster bitmaps, so I have tagged the thread as rejected.

If you disagree, by all means contact Irfan Skiljan and see what he says, as he is obviously better qualified to know if it feasible or not.

Panoramas created in IrfanView are just flat bitmaps stitched together horizontally or vertically without any alignment or processing of overlaps.

Affinity Photo does a great job of stitching photos into panoramas, or the free Microsoft Image Composite Editor does OK for freeware, but none of these types of Panoramas are what you requested.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.07.2019, 08:59 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

actually, most 360 degree pictures are "plain" jpg files. They are merely strange in size. Irfan can view the pictures, it "just" (lol) needs to roll them onto a ball Zooming/cropping and such?

I don;t know, I am trying to convince you this is not a stupid idea

Comment

I am not the person that you need to convince.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Support for 360-degree imgaes

Would love to see some support for 360-degree panorama images, as used by Street View. These are saved as "rectilinear" images (such as the one below), and they appear in interactive Street View images like this one, and in interactive virtual reality (VR) tours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rectilinear image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	83318

It would be nice to have an option to view a rectilinar image in interactive 360-deg mode, that you can spin around, and edit.

Comment

Working...
            X