Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Converting LZW Compressed TIF Images

HI there,

I have a folder with a ton of tiff files in various subfolders. I want to batch convert only the tiff files that have the compression of LZW. Does IrfanView do that?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.04.2019, 06:57 PM. Reason: Clarified thread title

Not possible as far as I know.

You can only convert all of them using the same compression method (or none). IrfanView can detect the file type after it opens a TIF file (See the Image Information dialogue), but the Batch dialogue does not detect the file type when adding filenames to the list of files to convert.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TIF Save Format.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	83262
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

How about converting using the following command but intake the full path and filename to the tif file but save it back to its location in the text file?

text file c:\list.txt contents:

c:\test.tif
      c:\test2.tif

command:
      i_view64.exe C:\list.txt /tifc=4 /convert= ??? (im stuck how to tell irfan to overwrite the originals)

Comment

Having an issue as to how to tell the program to overwrite the originals so there isn't a path i want to provide

Comment

any help please? much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X