Thread: I want Irfanview to only browse pictures

IV Newbie

Default I want Irfanview to only browse pictures

Hello. If I browse through my downloads folder's images and stumble uppon a different file (PDF for example), Irfanview shows this annoying message:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCgYxRp.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	5539

I want IrfanView to only browse through images and ignore other kinds of files (I use different programs for them), how do I do this please?
    Last edited by Flow; 07.04.2019 at 09:04 AM.

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

See Settings, Extensions, Load custom file types. Delete PDF and other files you don't want to view from the list.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|CAM |G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA|MP3|DCM |ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBMP|SGI|RG B|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|JP2|JPC|J2K|JPF|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV| TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|ECW|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CM X|NEF|NRW|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|RW2| RWL|SRW|MOS|3FR|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|DNG|PS |PDF|AI|CGM|DCM|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP|JXR|EXR|WSQ|JLS|W BZ|WBC|MP4|MKV|MTS|M2TS|TS|M2T|M4V|3GP|VOB|MPO|PDN |XCF|WEBP|WEBM||

Hi.
    I had recently a problem with my new Irfanview.
    Here is what I did.
    Control Panel => Standard Programs = Set Standard Program to Windows Photoviewer.
    In Windows 10 you should find StandardApps after filetype.
    If any problem Uninstall/Reinstall Irfanview and do not associate with any file type when Installing.

Irfanview Settings:
    • "Clear all" and "Load custom file types"
    = nothing change to the IrfanView icon
    = only "custom file types" will be loaded while moving through directory with IrfanView
    Last edited by JonNorway; 08.04.2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    See Settings, Extensions, Load custom file types. Delete PDF and other files you don't want to view from the list.
    Flow will also have to activate "Load only associated types while moving through folder" just below.

Thread Information