I want Irfanview to only browse pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want Irfanview to only browse pictures

Hello. If I browse through my downloads folder's images and stumble uppon a different file (PDF for example), Irfanview shows this annoying message:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DCgYxRp.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	85218

I want IrfanView to only browse through images and ignore other kinds of files (I use different programs for them), how do I do this please?
    Last edited by Flow; 07.04.2019, 10:04 AM.

See Settings, Extensions, Load custom file types. Delete PDF and other files you don't want to view from the list.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|CAM |G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA|MP3|DCM |ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBMP|SGI|RG B|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|JP2|JPC|J2K|JPF|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV| TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|ECW|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CM X|NEF|NRW|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|RW2| RWL|SRW|MOS|3FR|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|DNG|PS |PDF|AI|CGM|DCM|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP|JXR|EXR|WSQ|JLS|W BZ|WBC|MP4|MKV|MTS|M2TS|TS|M2T|M4V|3GP|VOB|MPO|PDN |XCF|WEBP|WEBM||
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi.
      I had recently a problem with my new Irfanview.
      Here is what I did.
      Control Panel => Standard Programs = Set Standard Program to Windows Photoviewer.
      In Windows 10 you should find StandardApps after filetype.
      If any problem Uninstall/Reinstall Irfanview and do not associate with any file type when Installing.

Irfanview Settings:
      • "Clear all" and "Load custom file types"
      = nothing change to the IrfanView icon
      = only "custom file types" will be loaded while moving through directory with IrfanView
      Last edited by JonNorway; 08.04.2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        See Settings, Extensions, Load custom file types. Delete PDF and other files you don't want to view from the list.
        Flow will also have to activate "Load only associated types while moving through folder" just below.

Comment

I've been using Irfanview for a long time. After an update,no matter if I select for pictures only, when I advance through a folder it always shows text messages, videos and eventually hit's something it can't play and stops. I've been trying to fix this for a while. I looked in the defaults setting for win10 and no video or text files are selected as default for Irfanview. I also have a video player, Smplayer, set as default for video. I checked settings in Irfanview and selected only pictures. Nothing changes. I don't understand why this update made it so difficult to use as before. Thanks for info on this.

Last edited by novid; 30.07.2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Try Settings, Extensions, Load Only Associated File Types.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              Try Settings, Extensions, Load Only Associated File Types.
              I already was doing that. It finally sunk in what was meant by: :Run as admin(!) on...win10. You've got to go to start, Irfanview, right click and then run as admin, before changing fie associations in irfanview. Before I was just changing the associations without that.

Comment

Originally posted by novid View Post

I already was doing that. It finally sunk in what was meant by: :Run as admin(!) on...win10. You've got to go to start, Irfanview, right click and then run as admin, before changing fie associations in irfanview. Before I was just changing the associations without that.
                Oops...that only worked once and then was back to the same problem. Opening up other files besides pictures in the same folder.

Comment

Working...
                X