Requested - Disable video playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Requested - Disable video playing

EDIT: Changed request to "Add Kuki's solution below to the FAQ on the website, specifically with the keyword "video" since that is what people will seek" or "Add language in (Video / Sound) settings section to indicate that disabling video is possible in extensions section"

In a folder with images and videos mixed together it would be great to only view images. An option to not play videos would be a useful addition since videos tend to take 1-2 seconds to load.

Mockup with new feature added:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	i_view32_tgIPeNB89I.png
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	85223
    Last edited by azzgunther; 23.04.2019, 09:02 PM.

In the menu go to Options > Properties/Settings. In the Properties/Settings-Window goto Extensions and unckeck all Extensions (image formats) except
    for the ones you want IrfanView to display.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
      In the menu go to Options > Properties/Settings. In the Properties/Settings-Window goto Extensions and unckeck all Extensions (image formats) except
      for the ones you want IrfanView to display.
      That solves my problem Kuki. Thanks! For anyone reading this with the same issue, you'll also have to click "Load only associated types while moving through folder" to get this solution to apply.

I maintain that the option to do this could be more obvious; this solution eluded me for a few years. Perhaps adding some text in the "Video / Sound" section that points to the "Extensions" section as the way to disable certain file types. Or something in the FAQ on the website that talks about disabling videos and other file types.

Comment

Working...
      X