Multi-page PDF to single image TIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Multi-page PDF to single image TIF

I have a multipage PDF that I need to make into a continuous single page TIF, and for the life of me I can't get the steps quite right. If any one could please give me step-by-step instructions, I would be so thankful.

(This might have laready posted - I got kicked off when I hit enter last time, so sorry if this is a double post).

1. In Settings, Plugins, PDF Options, set the resolution that you wish to use. The default is 96 dpi, which is OK for reading, but not too sharp. Try 150 dpi
    2. Open the PDF file
    3. From the Options menu, select Multipage images, Extract all pages, selecting any convenient folder such as C:\TEMP
    4. From the Image menu select Create Panorama Image
    5. Add all of the pages extracted from the PDF file
    6. Select the Vertical radio button, and then Create Image
    7. Save the new image as a PNG or TIF image. (PNG offers better compression)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Create Panorama Image.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	83273
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.04.2019, 07:22 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you!! That worked perfectly.

One other question: when I extract pages, is there a way to trim off the margins? All these images need to line up into one run, but the pdf pages have margins, so then the TIF's have white space around the edges. Is there another file format that would do that? The program this is going into only takes TIFs, but obviously I can get to TIF from many other formats.

Comment

Edit menu, Autocrop borders will remove the white space, or run a batch job on each extracted page to ensure that the sizes remain the same
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You have saved me hours of time. I have several 50+ page PDF files I needed to work with.

THANK YOU.

Comment

Working...
          X