Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second blank page when printing

Hi IrfanView support team,
    First of all: great product! For one of my projects I'm trying to execute a print job from a node application. I'm playing around with the settings to create my ini file but somehow everytime I'm trying to print it gives me a correct page and a blank one. I tried different settings: best fit to page, stretch to page, custom format (with or without aspect ratio on), unchecked borderless printing, and checked no overflow on page.

Nothing seem to work. My file has a width of 1200px and a height of 1800px. The printer page setting is 10x15cm (or 4x6").

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	731.8 KB
ID:	85224

I tried printing using both executing as a child process in node as by opening as a file in the IrfanView GUI

Could you please help me out how to debug this? BTW: I'm using irfanview 4.52 (can't select this version in profile settings)
    Last edited by rvn; 28.04.2019, 08:01 PM.

Please review ALL settings in the printer settings. My printer can be set to add a blank title page or last page to the print job.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I did, can’t find anything that has to do with it. I just tried to print with margin cut off checked in the printer properties. It does print only one page but has white borders. Could it be that the “no overflow on page” setting is not working correctly?

Comment

Okay so I found the following:
        When I do a fresh install of IrfanView -> select the right settings -> click print, everything is working fine and I get only 1 copy.
        When I close IrfanView and reopen the app -> open the same file -> click print, I get an extra white page.

Any clue how this could happen? Is there anything I can try to fix this?

EDIT1: did another test -> printed a file once (only one page) -> closed irfanviewer -> removed the content in i_view64.ini -> opened IrfanViewer -> selected the right settings -> printed again -> worked! So somehow it's printing twice because of wrong settings or it's not actually setting the settings from my ini file (however, I see al the right checkboxes enabled).

EDIT2: I think I found the bug. When I select a different paper size and then reset it to the right one it seems to be working. It seems like it doesn't properly set the right size, however, it's displaying the right size name in the dialog.

EDIT3: Also tried the following: delete all content in .ini file -> open IrfanViewer -> select the right setting -> print. Works! Fire another print job with the same settings (without touching anything) -> additional blank page is printed...

INI file:

[MRUD]
        Dir2=
        Dir3=
        Dir4=
        Dir5=
        Dir6=
        Dir7=
        Dir8=
        Dir9=
        Dir10=
        Dir11=
        Dir12=
        Dir13=
        Dir14=
        Dir15=
        Dir16=
        Dir17=
        Dir18=
        Dir19=
        Dir20=
        Dir1=C:\Users\Local-Admin\Desktop\
        [Open]
        ViewMode=28747
        OpenIndex=1
        OpenDir=C:\Users\Local-Admin\Desktop\
        [Print]
        AutoRotate=0
        AlwaysDefPrinter=0
        Option=1
        Left=0.00
        Top=0.00
        Inches=0
        Borderless=0
        CheckOverflow=1
        ScaleX=1.00
        ScaleY=1.00
        Centered=0
        Copies=1
        Head=0
        HeadTxt=
        Collate=1
        Foot=0
        FootTxt=
        FontParam=-13|0|0|0|400|0|0|0|0|1|2|4|49|
        Font=Courier New
        Printer=MITSUBISHI CPD90D
        Orient=1
        Size=514
        Src=1
        Color=2
        Duplex=0
        SizeTxt=5x15x2 Type1(2x6"x2)
        Last edited by rvn; 28.05.2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X