No menus in 4.52?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved No menus in 4.52?

Been using IR 4.51 for years, loved it. Upgraded to 4.52 this morning and can only find about 10% of the controls / menu selections.

Looked at the IR FAQs, but couldn't find instructions. Not sure what to search this forum for to get an older IR version menus back in view.

How do I get to the same menu across the top that 4.51 showed? "File" "Edit" etc.

Thanks,
    Mike

Press Alt+Shift+M to toggle menus

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Upgrading would not cause this issue. Either you had the menus disabled in IrfanView 4.51, or you accidentally pressed Alt+Shift+M.

We have been waiting more then ten years for an option to edit shortcuts. Some of them lead to a lot of support issues. However, in this case if one disabled the Alt+Shift+M shortcut, then hid the menus, one would not be able to access the menus to turn them back on again.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Didn't have the menu's disabled in 4.51. Tried alt-shift-m, but that left the screen below. No change. Tried windows-alt-m, FN-alt-m, and ctrl-alt-m and no change. Tried that combination on the right side of the space bar, nothing.

Opened IR from the desktop icon and got the "normal" view, with full menus. If I open a picture FROM that iteration of the program, I get the picture with the menus. With that iteration open, double-clicking a picture opens it in the strange window shown below. Does this thing default a double-click to something that is not a normal IR??

HELP!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-14 14_20_47-C__Users_User_MikeR_Pictures.png
Views:	1
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	83277

Comment

Your illustration is showing Windows Live Photo Gallery, not IrfanView.

The update apparently messed up your file associations. Set IrfanView as your default Photo Viewer.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Getting there. For reasons unknown (yet), double-clicking a file type that is supposed to open in IR, opens in MS Paint. Now I need to figure out why IR didn't take command of the selected file types.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              Your illustration is showing Windows Photo Viewer, not IrfanView.

The update apparently messed up your file associations. Set IrfanView as your default Photo Viewer.
              Yep, but they've seen to have hidden that. Using Win10 on a PC and searching Control Panel at this moment.

Comment

Found it. Control Panel - Default Programs - changed "Photos" to "Irfanview 64" and all is well. Upgrading from 4.51 to 4.52, on my PC, changed it from IR to Photos. #$%^&* Windows!

Thanks for the help, I do appreciate the assistance!

Comment

Working...
                X