Thread: Several Bugs in Version 4.53

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Default Several Bugs in Version 4.53

I am not impressed with the new features. They are not much use and also buggy. Can others confirm any of these issues?

• Insert Speech Bubbles only appears on the Effects menu in 64-bit version. I see no mention of this in the History of Releases
    • Add Shadow, Shape, Rounded corners, Hexagon, Star, etc., also only in 64-bit version
    • Mouse magnifier zoom with scrollwheel moves the zoom box to the top left corner of the window, but does not change the zoom

None of the effects are of much use. If you want to insert speech bubbles then you obviously need text in it. Better use FastStone Capture or some other software for this, rather than faffing about with positioning and aligning text and bubbles.

The Feature Requests forum seems like a waste of time. Nothing there was added as far as I can recall.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

I agree that the new features such as new borders or shapes are of no value except for kiddies. I don't have a serious interest in a cat shadow, a butterfly
    or speech bubbles.
    The mouse magnifier zoom works quite well with Iview 32bit, however the picture part in the zoombox is a little unsharp even with zoom = 0. And the whole picture
    gets zoomed too in some cases.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

How do you set zoom=0? The zoom box just jumps to the top left of the window if I try to scroll with the mousewheel, and it remains open if I open the setting dialogue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoom over settings.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	5566

The default zoom is too high to be useful on this 4242 x 2830 pixel image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mouse Zoom.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	5565

OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

The "Insert Speech Bubbles" effect disappears, when language is set to English (British), and comes back with English. ENGLISH_GB.DLL is still 4.51.
    Same thing with Add Shadow ... Same thing with another dated language, untranslated effects get hidden.
    Last edited by Jacal; 16.05.2019 at 04:47 AM.

OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Jacal View Post
    The "Insert Speech Bubbles" effect disappears, when language is set to English (British), and comes back with English. ENGLISH_GB.DLL is still 4.51.
    Same thing with Add Shadow ... Same thing with another dated language, untranslated effects get hidden.
    That's a useful effect. I can now easily hide these useless options.

OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Irfan Skiljan sent me some Test versions to fix the Zoom box scrolling issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

IV Beginner
    Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    64-bit Win 7 Professional
    CPU Cores

You adjust the zoom with the scrollwheel while it's zoomed, problem is that you must keep ctrl-shift pressed while using the wheel otherwise it loses focus and the zoom window jumps to the top corner.
    For normal use I find that when you press ctrl+shift and move the mouse a bit you get the zoom window and it follows you mouse even when you release the ctrl-shift keys, until you press the left-mouse, but when you wish to change the zoom you need to have the keys pressed again

Would also be better if there was some setting and if the zoom factor was relative to the image size yeah.

Thread Information