Thread: Separate fill for arrow tool and rectangle tool

Default Separate fill for arrow tool and rectangle tool

Hi!
    I'm working with a lot of screenshots as QA and one thing is extremely annoying (for me) with F12 tools / paint mode.

When I want to make a rectangle selection I have to uncheck fill and if I have to use arrow tool for making an arrow on some elements, I have to check it again because arrow unfilled is not looking good.

Everyday I'm loosing a lot of time manually changing those two tools and fill checkbox. Many times I have to undo changes because the tool that I needed was in the wrong "mode".

Is there any chance to separate fill into those two tools? For example, arrow will be filled in default and when I change tool to rectangle tool, fill will be automatically unchecked?
    I'll loved that one simple feature.

By the way, I'm with IrfanView since I remember (I'm 27).

Best regards!
    Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paint tool.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	5569  
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.05.2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

The IrfanPaint plugin developer has moved on to other projects. He has released the source code if others want to improve it. I don't see it happening though. Nothing has changed since he stopped development in about 2010, except that Irfan Skiljan fixed some crashes.

I recommend using a more powerful tool such as FastStone Capture for annotating screenshots. Version 5.3 was the last freeware version. It has most of the tools that you would need.

Thank you for reply with explanations and link!

Kindly regards,
    adamo000

Thread Information