IrfanView 4.53 Thumbnails -- cursor auto-switch to thumbnails :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed IrfanView 4.53 Thumbnails -- cursor auto-switch to thumbnails :/

In version 4.52 in Thumbnails window when i select directory in directory tree i can navigate (after thumbs are created) using cursors to move up and down and right and left in directory tree, in 4.53 however that is impossible -- program automatically switches every time after thumbs are created to thumbnails part and i must use mouse again and again to click another directory and i can't find a way to use keyboard cursors only.. im not sure if there's option to turn that _feature_ off or i must use previous version where cursors works normally??

Frank

I suspect that it is a bug, though it might be an intentional change. Send an email to Irfan Skiljan and let us know what he says. (Help, About IrfanView.. for his address).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I think i'll wait -- maybe it will get back to what it was before.. since then i'll just use 4.52, as i don't see any significant difference in performance and i don't care about anything else than mostly quick previewing directories content... i hope that i'm wrong about that strange feeling i have that IV might just become more and more bloated with stuff that have nothing to do with what it was initially made for, but hey, it is not for me to decide about that

Comment

Bugs are much more likely to be fixed if they are reported. Often, Irfan Skiljan will provide a test version within days so that you don't have to wait six months for the next version.

I agree about the bloat. I emailed him about it, asking who thought that speech bubbles would be useful and who designed the feature. IMO this is a useless feature until layers are implemented so that one can add comments with text and move them around before flattening images on saving them.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Possibly a new feature (workaround) to address a complaint about the focus getting switched to the directory tree at the end of thumbnail creation (the opposite) instead of remembering where the focus was.
          Last edited by j7n; 30.05.2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

The bug was reported in February and confirmed, but AFAIK no-one sent a bug report.

Comment

I found that on other system Irfan View is behaving completely different than on my regular W10.. On 7 i could not find any other way to have scroll or run through dir's than by installing additional soft to force focusing on mouse cursor, so i think this is a little bit more complicated than just write one line of code differently

Hving this knowledge acquired by experience, i no longer think its a bug, but simply a way that Irfan View works being written the way it is I just hope it will get back to what im used to, in future installments..

Comment

Irfanview Thumbnails folder tree loses focus

In 32bit versions 4.53 and 4.54 when using the cursor keys to navigate the tree folders, it constantly loses focus and apparently tries to jump to the right panel (thumbs preview). I've reverted to version 4.52 and this doesn't happen. I'm using XP Pro SP3 32bit, not sure if you still support this OS. I couldn't find any related new options setting, sorry if this is not a bug but it's very annoying and impractical.
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.02.2020, 07:17 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

Working...
                X