Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tablet Box - Anyone Noticed this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablet Box - Anyone Noticed this before?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tablet Box.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	85226

Open IrfanView, and press Shift+Tab. This is not new as it happens in IrfanView 4.44 too. Is it perhaps something new in Windows 10? It surprised me because I never seen it before, and it does not seem to be documented in the Help file shortcuts.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

I get the same on my ancient Win7 laptop for IV 4.44, 4.52 & 4.53. - not on 4.38
    At the same time the menu bar disappears.

Could relate to the Alt+Shift+M we tested recently. The user there might have pressed Shift+Tab; much more likely than accidentally hitting Alt+Shift+M.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

The user who lost the menus was opening images in another Windows program; nothing to do with Shift+Tab or Alt+Shift+M.

The Tablet Box has obviously been around for a long time, so all the more surprising that I never noticed it before.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

See https://www.irfanview.com/history_old.htm:
        Version 4.41 : New hotkey: SHIFT + Tab: Start/End Tablet mode dialog

BTW: Works to start the Tablet Box, but not to end it with Iview32-4.53
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Thanks. I should have searched help a bit further down the page.

Shift Tab will disable it if the IrfanView window is given focus.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.05.2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Tried both with focus on the picture and the box, both didn't work. Now tried again and it works as you described.
            However, why isn't there a Close button as IrfanPaint has. Even if one uses a tablet a close button can be tipped on.
            Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
            Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
            X