Multiple undo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Multiple undo

I've been using Irfanview for some 20 years since version 2.xx and I love it. One feature I've long wished for is multiple undo. I'm not a programmer and have only some vague idea that the lack of it may have something to do with memory usage. It would be great to have at least 5-10 undo steps, if not unlimited.
    Irfanview 4.56, Windows 7U x64

I second that. However, the developer does not read this forum, so you have to write him an e-mail.
    When you view a picture goto 'Help > About IrfanView' for his mail address.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

This thread is from 2008 and mentions that there were many previous requests (they will be archived now).

There are also a couple of requests for redo.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Maybe add a configurable limit to the number of Undo steps and/or an option to purge Undo history to the Edit menu (where Clear Clipboard is) to release the memory.

Comment

Remember that every image copy (Ctrl+C) can be used as an undo step if you have a clipboard manager. I use Clipa Vu but there are several alternatives. If you want to recover the original file name and metadata when you paste back one of the copies you made just use Shift+R, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+V.

Comment

Shortcut Ctrl+N can also be used to open a copy of the original before you start editing.

To abandon all edits, close the edited copy and save the copy of the original.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
            X