Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing text color does not work on Linux Mint

Hello,

i have found a bug. i am using irfanview 4.53.64bit on Linux Mint.
    I tried to insert a text as watermark. The problem is that the color of the text cannot be changed. The field for selecting the color cannot be activated.
    I tried the same under Windows. Changing the color works there.

Can anyone confirm this error?

Many greetings,

master key

I never even knew that one could run IrfanView in Linux. Are you using a Windows virtual machine or something else?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I'm using it with wine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)

Is easy to install: http://www.boekhoff.info/install-irfan-view-on-linux/

Why using Windows? Linux is for free? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by masterkey View Post
        Why using Windows? Linux is for free? ;-)
        Windows 7 came with my PC, upgrades to Windows 10 were free.

Why use it? Because you're much less likely to encounter problems, as you have done. Only other Wine users can help you here, and I don't know if Irfan Skiljan can help you unless you use Windows, even if you have a commercial license.

This is not the place to debate Linux/Windows pros and cons. You might get more useful help on the Wine forums.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

There is no bug...Don't use 64bit software on Wine.

Originally posted by masterkey View Post
          Hello,

i have found a bug. i am using irfanview 4.53.64bit on Linux Mint.
          Howdy.....I have been using LinuxMint for almost 4 years now and Irfanview for 20 years on Windows. We should all support Irfan by donating as much as we dare every year. Thank You Irfan..!

I found that Irfanview 32bit works just fine on LinuxMint. What you are experiencing is not a bug. I suspect the method you used to load Irfanview on LinuxMint is not as capable as what I found to work on my install of WineHQ. Wine works well with 32bit software...not so much with 64bit yet.

The following URL is the best way to install it. They have simplified the process since I composed the attachments below, but those may still have useful info. https://www.winehq.org/

Remember to download and install the 32bit versions (not 64bit) of Irfanview and the plug-ins.

Read,understand and follow most of the content in either attached file as needed and you should be up and running with a fully operational version of IrfanView.

Enjoy!

UPDATE...! I recently loaded a new laptop with LinuxMint 19.1 ...I wanted to be able to run IrfanView of course but found that the procedure I suggested above had become tedious and difficult. I opened the LinuxMint software manager, typed WINE in the search field and discovered it was much easier to install WINE than ever before. I have attached a screenshot (below?) with a note in the field of the only (one) package you need to install to get where you want to go. Hope this works as easily for you as it did for me..!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DO THIS ONE ONLY AS OF 7-17-2019..! Wine Install Screenshot and notes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	83306
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 3rdtimer; 19.07.2019, 08:28 PM. Reason: Update on posted procedure.

Comment

Working...
          X