Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimized image filesize field (KiB) is truncated during "File > Save for Web..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Optimized image filesize field (KiB) is truncated during "File > Save for Web..."

Hello

Irfanview version: 4.53 (32 bit).
    OS version: Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Build 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434.

My display resolution is 1920 x 1080 with 125% scaling (both as recommended by Windows display control panel itself). My computer is a Dell Alienware 15 R3 with 16 GB memory and Nvideo display adapter (4 gb) latest stable driver (no beta).

Issue:
    1. open an image file such as a jpg file
    2. In the menu, choose: File > Save for Web (plug-in)
    3. In the right panel above the proposed optimized image, examine the green text (file size in KiB)
    4. Notice that the size of the optimized image (green text) is truncated/garbled. The size field overlaps the label and is unreadable.

See attached file example.

Due to this layout issue, I am unable to determine the new file size before I click Save. Please widen the field and adjust its position to avoid truncation.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Irfanview version: 4.53 (32 bit) with latest 32-bit plugins
    OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Build 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434

Note: Version 4.53 is missing from the dropdown list in the settings profile.
    Admin: Please fix the html code so we can select the latest version.

Download and install the latest RIOT plugin for IrfanView from the developer's site to see if that fixes the issue.

If not, I guess you will have to contact the developer. I noticed that the latest version is much more recent than the one installed with IrfanView 32-bit.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu,
      Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the latest version of the RIOT plugin 0.6.2. The bug is still present. I will contact the RIOT plug-in developer

Sorry to have bothered you. I did not realize this was a plugin. You can close this thread
      Irfanview version: 4.53 (32 bit) with latest 32-bit plugins
      OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Build 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434

Note: Version 4.53 is missing from the dropdown list in the settings profile.
      Admin: Please fix the html code so we can select the latest version.

Comment

Please let us know what the RIOT developer says. It may be helpful to other users.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X