Tried to move an image, it disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to move an image, it disappeared

I used the move image function in IrfanView and the image has disappeared. It is no longer in the folder it was in to begin with, nor the one it was supposed to be moved to. I checked the default move path of C:\TEMP, thinking I might have pressed the wrong button, but that folder doesn't exist on C:\. I checked other preset paths, but it isn't there either.

It seems to have completely disappeared. I really need this image back, because I can't find it anywhere. Any idea what might have happened and where the image might be?

If you know the file name, try a search of drive C:\

If files are important to you, always keep a backup. Hard drives sometimes fail, and computers often get stolen.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

see also this thread: https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=11767

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

If you try to move a picture to it's source folder you will see an error message. Before closing IrfanView or switching to another image, save the open image. It has already been cut to perform the move operation, but was unable to be pasted to the same folder. The reopen file option will also be greyed out.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X