Starting a slideshow based on window position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Starting a slideshow based on window position

To explain further, it seems that using Start slideshow with current file list command automatically assume settings from the Slideshow... command. This is fine, except for the situation where I run more than one windowed slideshow. For example, if I try to start two slideshows with multiple file lists, the positions will overlap because it's based off of the previous settings. Is there a way to also allow the windowed mode to be based off of the dimensions of the current window position? Otherwise I'm stuck having to use the standard slideshow command and manually setting the dimensions for each slideshow instance, as I use 2 slideshows for each monitor
    12 year fan of Irfanview

See i_options.txt in the IrfanView installation folder for command line options to start a slideshow with different parameters.

I guess if you save the slideshows as exe files with different position settings, that would also do what you want, but would not allow editing the list of pictures.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Saving as exe is a good option, but when I have 70+ galleries I have to work it, it almost feels useless when there's an option to start a slideshow with the current file list already there. Manually changing the position to be in the position that the window is currently in seems to be the fastest option even though it's not possible to import or save the current file list right into the slideshow files without browsing to them
      12 year fan of Irfanview

Comment

You can load the filenames from a text file. Look at the Slideshow dialogue.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I was referring to it not being able to import the current file list that's actually being used in the current process, despite being able to use the same file list to run an immediate slideshow. Slideshow files field will either be blank or just reload whatever wasn't cleared on the last manual run.
          12 year fan of Irfanview

Comment

You could also start another instance of IrfanView and open a picture in a folder where your slideshow-pictures are stored and then press caps+a to start a slideshow of that folder. That way you can have multiple instances of IrfanView running in own windows to display multiple slideshows of folders simultaneously, but you have to set the order of pictures in the slideshow by name-changing or similar (you can get renamer tools for that purpose). That would be the easiest way to do it.

So, you don't have to select picture files for a slideshow, just folders. or create new folders of selected files copies to run this special slideshow.

Edit: and yes you can place IrfanView windows where you want on the monitor-desktop , by clicking on the blue window bar at the top and drag it where you want.

greets randy
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 02.08.2019, 05:09 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

Working...
            X