Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help understanding why window resizes with an animated gif

My issue is with the window changing positions

This thread is similar to the issue i'm facing, but with some animated gif files only and only seems to happen when the window isn't maximized. My setting is to fit all the images to the window and I haven't even had any problems with massive high res images. Yet when I use a smaller sized gif image, it sends the window to the left side of the monitor and resizes the window. If it's already on the left side, then it just resizes I cycled through multiple files, and the window only resizes on number 5. Happens only when Play animated Gifs is checked
    1. png - 1253x1652
    2. png - 1566x1216
    3. gif - 600x600
    4. gif - 1050x889
    5. gif - 1080x1000
    6. png - 1280x1078

Bhikkhu's explanation makes sense in that context, but I don't understand why the gif image isn't forced into the window like everything else is? i've noticed this with different gif images over the years but never really thought about it that much. I've dragged the window across two monitors and it'll still resizes. When running multiple If I run multiple windows side by side and one happens to have a gif then it'll just start displaying over the other window. This is part of the reason for my other post as it removes the need to worry about, although the issue would still generally be there
    Last edited by Username; 21.06.2019, 09:59 AM.
    12 year fan of Irfanview

I don't see the need to explain this again. Animated gifs are intentionally shown at 100%
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Is it possible for this to be done in a natural window and add scroll bars like it would do for a normal image? if the gif is a bigger than average size, the window will just stick to the dimensions of the bigger gift instead of being constrained to the intended size
      12 year fan of Irfanview

Comment

Working...
      X