Actual directory index not accessible for animated images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Actual directory index not accessible for animated images

in the toolbar the directory index is not accessible during playback of animated images (i.e. animated gifs).

While viewing animated gifs, it is not possible to enter a different index number in the directory index.

It looks like each frame resets the directory index.

Is there a stop-button to stop the animation?

IrvanView 4.53 64-bit(and older)
    Win7 64bit
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.06.2019, 06:24 PM.

When programming on this element, please take my recent feature requests into account.

Last edited by tsfg; 21.06.2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Although this may be a bug, if you read help and find the shortcut key "g" to start/stop animations, then you can step through the frames and use the directory index field to view other files.

If you still think this is a bug, please send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan, and let us know what he says.

Then I will update the thread.

Reporting Bugs
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.06.2019, 08:40 AM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

mhh... it looks like it is not really a bug in classical definition.
        If one stops the playback of the animated image using the shortcut "g", the shown number in the index-field switches from "files in directory" to "images in sequence". Now one is able to either select a frame of that animated image by editing the first number displayed or replace the complete content of the field by an index number of the directory one want to jump to.

This behavior is sufficient, but not intuitive. And might be mentioned in the manual / help files.

Comment

Working...
        X