frame index field for animated images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented frame index field for animated images

Like multipage images, a frame index field for animated images (png / gif) would be very useful.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.06.2019, 06:26 PM.

How would it be useful? One cannot edit animations in IrfanView.

I think you should use a different application if editing animations is what you need. Even if you extract the frames using IrfanView you cannot rebuild the animation.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Use the shortcut "g" to stop the animation, then you can step through the frames and use the directory index field to view other files. This also works for animated PNG images.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry for late reply, was on a trip.
        Useful in case you are looking for a special part of the animated sequence.
        Not all animated images are video sequences.
        I know, for editing there are bunches of different application,

I tried stopping the animation by hitting "g" then the Index -field shows the pages separated and direct access to individual sequence-images is possible.

That's suitable for me.
        Last edited by tsfg; 12.07.2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

As pointed out above, it is already possible. Use the shortcut "g" then you can step through the frames.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Step Through APNG.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	83299

Comment

Working...
          X