• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow exe "Not a valid Windows32 application"

Irfanview 4.33 pro in Windows 7 laptop.
    Irfanview runs fine.
    In Irfanview, slideshow works fine.
    But, if I create a slideshow exe file, the resulting exe file will not run. I get an error message that it "is not a valid Windows32 application".
    What to do?
    Thanks.

Try upgrading to the latest version, which is 4.53.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Try upgrading to the latest version, which is 4.53.
      Thank you for replying so fast.

I updated to the latest version and the latest plugins. I also recreated the slideshow exe.
      Unfortunately no change: slideshow works fine when started from the main program, but when started by double clicking on the exe file I still get "not a valid Win32 application".

I also tried various compatibility settings on the exe file with no help.

Comment

I wonder if it is too big? I created a slideshow from the 64-bit version of IrfanView, and it worked OK. It included just a few images and an MP3 file.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Too big may well be the problem. It is a huge number of images. Previous versions of the slideshow exe worked fine but when I added more, things went south. I was wondering if there was a maximum size.....

Comment

The memory use limit for Windows 32-bit apps is 2 Gbytes.

Comment

Thank you.
              Is it bigger for 64 bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                The memory use limit for Windows 32-bit apps is 2 Gbytes.
                That's the problem. I just checked and the file in question is close to 4 GB. It's an old laptop I use as an image viewer.

Comment

Working...
                X