No announcement yet.

No error message when saving file fails to complete leaving .TMP file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported No error message when saving file fails to complete leaving .TMP file

I work exclusively in .TIF and .PDF files, most with multiple pages. When making changes and saving, a known bug is that a file will occasionally not finish converting back from the .TMP file to the regular file-type.

Irfanview used to go to a black page when a file was stuck as a .TMP and you tried to PgDown, but now simply sits and shows the same page without PgUP or PgDown doing anything. I have to close and restart Irfanview and rename the .TMP file now just to keep working.

EDIT: Version 4.53 32-bit

UPDATE EDIT: This is happening since the update where Edit mode stayed persistent when you save changes (used to go back to View mode and you had to push F12 each time). On a lark I started pressing F12 after each edit to go back to view mode before I paged down, and the old behavior of showing a black page when the file got stuck in .TMP form returned. Maybe this'll help track down the bug
    Last edited by Jon; 05.07.2019, 07:41 PM. Reason: Add additional info

You should not need to restart IrfanView. Just reopen the file (Ctrl+R). Each time you save a page edit, the entire multi-page file is saved. I guess large files could trigger some bugs.

Please provide a file if you want others to test it, otherwise, just send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan with the file.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

After the recent update i am facing the similar issue it at times stuck or freezes, waiting for the patch release for these bugs now.

Comment

Has anyone sent a bug report to Irfan Skiljan? You will wait a lot longer if he does not know about the alleged bug.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Has anyone sent a bug report to Irfan Skiljan? You will wait a lot longer if he does not know about the alleged bug.
          I will be glad to do that, how do I report it to him directly?

Comment

You can send your bug report directly to the developer, Irfan Skiljan. His e-mail addres is under 'Help / About Irfanview'.
            Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
            Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
            X