Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Next Folder Automatically

New to Irfan.

When viewing images in a subfolder, when Irfan reaches the last image, a dialog box opens to navigate to another subfolder.

Can Irfan be set to display the images in the next subfolder automatically and bypass the dialog box?

Thanks,

Richard

No.

The available options can be found in Settings, Browsing/Editing.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      No.

The available options can be found in Settings, Browsing/Editing.
      Thank you for your help.

When I look at the choices in Settings: Show Browse Dialog, Loop current folder, Do nothing.

I don't see how to continue to the next folder skipping the Dialog box.

Is this possible?

Richard

Comment

As I said: "No."

Loop does do something; it goes back to the first image in the folder without showing the dialogue. Do nothing stops at the last image. Show dialogue shows the dialogue, which is the default.

Try using the thumbnail viewer instead (Shortcut T).
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Let me explain why it is not possible to view a 'next' folder when you reach the last picture. It is because IrfanView is not able to decide which the 'next' folder is.
          You probably know which folder you want to view next, but how could IrfanView know? There is no way for a software to decide that.
          As Bhikkhu Pesala suggested, you may use the thumbnail-viewer. Another option ist to view pictures via the slideshow feature (File > Slideshow...). You can add pictures
          from various folders to the slideshow list. See the Irfanview help for more information.
          Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
          Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Ok I was looking for the same thing...
            Here is something you can do :

=> Right click on the parent folder and choose "Browse with Irfanview"
            => Then right click on the parent folder on the left panel and choose "Load thumbnails of every subfolders"
            => Then double-click on the first picture you want to see... and click next, next, next... it will open every pictures loaded...

Comment

Working...
            X