Can Irfan run a slideshow after the computer starts to sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Irfan run a slideshow after the computer starts to sleep

I would like Irfan to run a slide show on selected directories when the computer begins to sleep after one hour or inactivity. Could someone please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Spruce18b

As far as I can tell, Windows display settings only allows you to use Windows Photo Gallery to display a folder of images as a screen saver.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      As far as I can tell, Windows display settings only allows you to use Windows Photo Gallery to display a folder of images as a screen saver.
      Do you know of any third party applications that can delay the start of a procedure after a one-hour period of inactivity?

Thanks

spruce18b

Comment

Yes, I understand that restriction. However, can you give me a lead on software that I can install to start an Irfan display after one hour of inactivity?

Thanks

spruce18b

Comment

It cannot be done with IrfanView. Try an Internet search for programs that can do what you want.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

But you can get close

It cannot be done with IrfanView. Try an Internet search for programs that can do what you want.
            Look in the IrfanView help file under "screensaver". It explains how to "save the current slideshow as self running EXE or SCR file (standalone executable/screen saver)".

I'm pretty sure that it will only display the pictures that existed when the slideshow is saved. That is, if you add files to the source directories, you'll have to resave the slideshow.

Comment

Originally posted by cwb3106 View Post
              Look in the IrfanView help file under "screensaver". It explains how to "save the current slideshow as self running EXE or SCR file (standalone executable/screen saver)".
              The OP already knows how to do that, but it does not solve the problem of running the screen saver only after delaying for 1 hour.

Comment

...but it does not solve the problem of running the screen saver only after delaying for 1 hour.
                Maybe WOL - Wake On Lan can solve the problem.
                Just my 2 Cent, I have no experience with WOL.
                Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
                Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

The OP already knows how to do that, but it does not solve the problem of running the screen saver only after delaying for 1 hour.
                  I guess I don’t understand what the OP actually wants. I read the post as wanting a slideshow to run instead of the computer going to sleep after one hour of inactivity. In that case, the delay can be set as part of Windows’ screensaver options. The OP could also set the screensaver to kick in after a short delay (e.g., 5 minutes) and use the power settings to put the computer to sleep after a long delay (e.g., 1 hour).

Ii could be the OP wants the computer to go to sleep for a while and then wake up and start a slideshow. I don’t know any software that does that.

Comment

Working...
                  X