Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested change canvas size based on aspect ratio

Hi,

are there plans to add an option to "change canvas size" to enter a desired aspect ratio and then have either pixels added to the width or height of a picture based on this ratio?
    I do not want to change the picture to a certain fixed size but instead keep either its existing width or height, ie just adapt one of them to reflect the desired aspect ratio.

This would be an extremely helpful feature, in particular for batch processing.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by chk; 20.08.2019, 09:29 PM.

Nobody knows what Irfan Skiljan has planned until the next version is released. You could send him your suggestion by email. See Help, About IrfanView for his address.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry, I thought this is the right forum to address ideas for new features, no?

Comment

Please read the sticky thread.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

sorry, my bad.
          I thought this forum's purpose is to reduce Irfan's inbound mail. :-)
          will drop him one...

Comment

Originally posted by chk View Post
            I thought this forum's purpose is to reduce Irfan's inbound mail. :-)
            Yes it is. There might have already been some way to do what your requested, but there isn't AFAIK.

Comment

Working...
            X