Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Conversion - Saving every frame (with transparency)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Conversion - Saving every frame (with transparency)

Hey all!
    I just discovered Irfanview, and it MAY be the hero of the day.

I have a problem - I've been using JPG2000 video codec as a .MOV encoding format for years because of its quality and Alpha channel support.
    Now, Adobe has discontinued support of JPG2000, so I have to figure out a workaround for my rendered videos.

With the help of Plugins and extra codecs, I got Irfanview to open and convert my JPG2000 videos - HECK YES!!!!

BUT - I need to get EVERY FRAME out with transparency.

--------
    The "Batch Conversion" option allows me to export a SINGLE frame from the video in various formats that support alpha.
    The "Extract All Frames" gives me every frame, but only in BMP format (no support for alpha)

Both of these are soooo close to solving my problem.
    How can I convert EVERY frame to an image file that supports alpha?

Thanks in advance!
    Andy

See the options for extract all frames. This is a multipage TIF image, I don't have a JPG2000 video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Use Window Colour.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	83316

Edit: I see that BMP is the only option for Videos. Perhaps you can run a batch operation on the bitmaps?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.08.2019, 06:47 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Appreciate you double-checking... confirmed, BMP seems to be the only option for exporting every frame.

I'm not frustrated, I'm actually REALLY excited... I'm so CLOSE to being able to get RGB+A data out of these JPG2000's....

If anyone else has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X