Full path name of file to view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full path name of file to view

I often use Irfanview from the command line, and I would appreciate using Irfanview like all other utilities I use,
    IE with it accepting the full path of an image to view.

I.E. C:\Irfanview image.jpg <= display's myfile.jpg
    C:\irfanview level\image.jpg <= display's "level\image.jpg: Can't read file header! , Unknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found!"

Bob K.

If the path of filename contains spaces you need to use quotation marks: "C:\irfanview level\image.jpg"
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      If the path of filename contains spaces you need to use quotation marks: "C:\irfanview level\image.jpg"
      That is not the problem, even when there are no spaces Irfanview does not accept paths in the filename to display. Unlike just about every other program I use

Bob

Comment

You need to start Irfanview with the correct filename: i_view32.exe or i_view64.exe .
        Example: I start CMD (the command window) in the Irfanview folder (or navigate to that folder) and want to open C:\Pictures\venice.jpg
        C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView>i_view32.exe C:\Pictures\venice.jpg
        When you are not in the Irfanview folder, it must be "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" C:\Pictures\venice.jpg
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
        X